Nilayam was started in 1953 and registered with trade Mark of Sri
Vidya Upasaka in 1954 by (Late) Sri S.V. Venkatasubramania Dikshidar.
He was an Srividya Upasakar and worshipped srividya (Ambal) and
named the shop as Srividya Upasaka Nilayam. He started the business
with the blessings of Lord Karpagambal & Kapalishwarar and Jagadguru
Paramacharyal Sri Chandra Sekara Saraswathi Swamigal with a noble
intention of giving pure manjal kumkumam. He supplied Manjal Kumkumam
to all major temples & Mutts of India and earned a good reputation
for its high quality and purity. Now his son V. Lakshminarayanan
and grandson L. Venkatasubramanian are running the business. They
maintain the same high quality and purity of the product like the
The shop is situated in Sri Prasanth Shopping Complex at No. 43
South Mada Street, Mylapore, Chennai - 600 004. Now the concern
exports kunkumam to foreign countries also.